Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota Lawyer
When medical malpractice causes wrongful death
If someone in your family died because of medical malpractice, you have the right to find out what happened. You also have the right to seek justice and financial compensation for your loss.
At Lommen Abdo, our wrongful death attorneys have the resources and knowledge to investigate complex medical malpractice cases, determine what happened, and advise you about your options and what actions we recommend.
The main question in a wrongful death lawsuit is: Did the doctor, hospital, emergency room, hospital staff, nurse, clinic or nursing home staff meet the accepted standards of care? Do you suspect neglect, mistreatment, malpractice or negligence? Our law firm consults with practicing physicians nationwide who work with us to examine medical records and determine the truth.
Financial compensation depends on your relationship to the deceased and your losses. Examples include:
- Parents who lose an adult child can claim loss of companionship and mental anguish.
- Compensation for the death of a minor child may include potential financial contributions from the child, loss of companionship and mental anguish.
- A spouse can claim loss of companionship, potential financial contributions and mental anguish.
- Minor children can claim money the deceased would have contributed to raising the children, as well as compensation for mental anguish and loss of parental guidance.
- Adult children, in addition to compensation for mental anguish, can claim the sum the deceased parent would reasonably and probably have contributed to them.
Talk to a wrongful death attorney about your losses.
It is difficult to deal with a wrongful death, especially one that was caused by medical malpractice. Talk to your lawyer about the importance of holding the doctor and hospital accountable. Call 612.255.6576 or send an email to set up a free consultation. We represent wrongful death clients in Minnesota and Wisconsin.